BASTROP, Texas, Dec. 6, 2013 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- Bastrop County, Texas, offers a lot to companies considering the business-friendly environment of Texas and now it can add being a "connected community" to those assets.
"To obtain the connected certification, Bastrop had to meet certain benchmark scores based on the National Broadband Plan that demonstrate it is a technologically advanced community," said David Quinn, Bastrop Economic Development Corporation Executive Director. "And the extensive assessment of our overall broadband and technology resources helped us determined and prioritized projects to stay ahead of the curve and accelerate broadband access, adoption, and use for the future."
According to Quinn, Internet access is important in attracting the kind of business and industry the community is ideally suited for – IT/Technology, Manufacturing, BioTech/Life Sciences and Hospitality/Retail.
Connectivity isn't the only asset Bastrop has to offer, however. Located within a university triangle whose points include the University of Texas, Texas State University, and Texas A&M University, Bastrop has the educational resources companies need for innovation and employee satisfaction.
Quality of life assets include the City
SOURCE Bastrop Economic Development Corporation
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related biology technology :
1. HealthCare Institute of New Jersey Releases 2011 Biopharmaceutical and Medical Technology Economic Impact Data
2. Pharmacoeconomic Analysis Shows SURFAXIN® May Reduce Hospital Cost Associated with Reintubation in Premature Infants
3. Economic Alliance of Greater Baltimore Inks Business Partnership with BioHealth Innovation to Bring Health and Life Sciences Research to Market
4. Positron Accepts Economic Incentives Offer From The City Of Gary, Indiana For $30 Million Towards 70 MeV Cyclotron Project
5. Recently Published Economic Analysis Highlights the Financial Impact of Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) in the United States (US)
6. Advanced manufacturing venture highlights regions economic prospects
7. Trending HealthEconomics.Com Pharma Pricing, Reimbursement, and Health Policy Stories Feature Rising Trend in Pharma Price Cuts to Secure Reimbursement
8. Growing Job-Market Niche Inside The Economic Decline: A Wysebridge Review
9. HealthEconomics.Com Appoints New Director of Information Technology and Operations
10. Rockingham County Economic Development Launches New Website to Market Research and Tech Park
11. Trending HealthEconomics.Com Pharma Pricing, Reimbursement, and Health Policy Stories Show Healthcare Payers Aren’t Taking Drug Prices Laying Down