Dr. Kornelia Berghof-Jaeger, CEO, BIOTECON Diagnostics: ”In this alliance Merck KGaA will contribute significantly through its expertise in microbiology and its excellent customer relationships. Jointly we are able to fulfill the customer needs by introducing this new technology to the food safety testing labs around the world.”
“For Merck KGaA this partnership means a consequential advancement in order to underline our leading position in specialty chemicals, especially in analytical reagents and test kits” comments Wolfgang E. Schmidt, Head of Microbiology, Hygiene and Microscopy at Merck KGaA. “Our philosophy of highest quality demands is perfectly met by the solutions offered by BIOTECON Diagnostics.”
The increasing use of rapid food safety testing is receiving more and more attention. The major reason for this key trend is that the food industry requires quick and accurate results. Traditional microbiological methods are relatively slow and sometimes inaccurate in comparison to innovative molecular biological techniques. Fast and reliable detection systems are therefore the method of choice. In particular, advanced real time PCR technology is increasingly being used in the rapid detection of food pathogens and spoilage microorganisms. PCR stands for polymerase chain reaction, a technique that allows an exponential amplification of DNA from just a few to more than a billion copies in less than one hour. This enables a significant reduction in the time taken to achieve results in comparison with conventional cultivation techniques.
After a simple sample preparation – just a small amount of bacteria is needed - the PCR testing can be easily performed in one hour, thereby effectively reducing costs, i.e. time and labor: As a result, the finished goods can be released several days earlier.
Under its foodproof® brand BIOTECON Diagnostics has developed real-time PCR detection kits for Enterobacteriaceae plus E. sakazakii (new), Salmonella, Listeria, Campylobacter, E. coli O157 etc. The range also comprises a unique kit for the screening of beer spoilage organisms as well as GMO testing kits. Contact:
BIOTECON Diagnostics GmbH with its headquarter in Potsdam / Berlin (Germany) has been a competent partner for molecular biological and microbiological issues for more than ten years. The focus is the development, production and marketing of PCR-based rapid detection systems. BIOTECON Diagnostics offers solutions for the food and beverages industry as well as for pharmaceutical and cosmetics manufacturers.
Merck KGaA is a global pharmaceutical and chemical company with total revenues of EUR 7.1 billion in 2007, a history that began in 1668, and a future shaped by 30,968 employees in 60 countries. Its success is characterized by innovations from entrepreneurial employees. Merck's operating activities come under the umbrella of Merck KGaA, in which the Merck family holds an approximately 70% interest and free shareholders own the remaining approximately 30%. In 1917 the U.S. subsidiary Merck & Co. was expropriated and has been an independent company ever since.
gy" timex="4/18/2008 8:10:45 PM" dirsub="( Download Pictures (300 dpi): Click on...)" id="4712" index="biology" dir="BIOTECON Diagnostics and MERCK KGaA start worldwide marketing alliance" dir2="BIOTECON Diagnostics and MERCK KGaA start worldwide marketin..." keywords1=",biological,advanced biology technology,biology laboratory technology,biology device technology,latest biology technology" keywords="BIOTECON,Diagnostics,and,MERCK,KGaA,start,worldwide,marketing,alliance" description=" Download Pictures (300 dpi): Click on the pi... Contact: BIOTECON Diagnostics br /..." url=u&"/biology-technology-1/BIOTECON-Diagnostics-and-MERCK-KGaA-start-worldwide-marketing-alliance-4712-3/" title="BIOTECON%20Diagnostics%20and%20MERCK%20KGaA%20start%20worldwide%20marketing%20alliance" %>
Download Pictures (300 dpi): Click on the picture with the right mouse button then choose "save target as".
Phone +49 (0) 331 2300-245
Fax +49 (0) 331 2300-250
Related biology technology :
1. Strategic Diagnostics to Present at Two Upcoming Investor Conferences
2. Strategic Diagnostics Updates Roth Conference Presentation Time
3. Alliance for Medical Devices, Instrumentation and Diagnostics formed between Fraunhofer Center for Manufacturing Innovation and Boston University
4. Rosetta Genomics to Present at the American Association of Cancer Research (AACR) "Molecular Diagnostics in Cancer Therapeutic Development" Conference
5. Indivumed Supports Roche Diagnostics With Immunohistochemistry Services and Clinical Specimens for Biomarker Discovery and Drug Development
6. Quest Diagnostics to Speak at the 2007 UBS Global Life Sciences Conference
7. BoVir(R) Named Best New Veterinary Diagnostics Product in International Animal Pharm Awards
8. Enigma Diagnostics Announces a European Commission Award of EUR3 Million to Fund the Development of a Point of Care Platform for the Rapid Diagnosis of Influenza Infections
9. MedAssets Supply Chain Systems Selects Siemens Medical Solutions Diagnostics for Chemistry, Automation and Immunoassay Solutions
10. Quest Diagnostics Joins National ePrescribing Patient Safety Initiative (NEPSI)
11. Roche Diagnostics Launches CoaguChek XS Plus System to Provide New PT/INR Point-of-Care Solution for Non-Waived Anticoagulation Services