"This acquisition will facilitate growth and enhance capabilities for both entities. GenWay's 18 years of experience producing proteins, antibodies, and ELISA assays will nicely complement ASB's objective to become a leading provider of proteomic solutions," said Peter Jiang, M.D., ASB's Chief Executive Officer. "We see opportunities to expand both ASB's and GenWay's existing businesses as a result from this acquisition."
"We expect a smooth transition for both companies and their respective customers," said Matt Landry, ASB's Vice President of Marketing and Sales. Prior to joining ASB in 2010, Mr. Landry was the Senior Vice President of Marketing and Sales for GenWay Biotech. He played a critical role in leading GenWay's product and service divisions from 2004 to 2010.
GenWay Biotech maintains ISO13485 accreditation for the development, validation, and production of antibodies and proteins for use in FDA regulated or CE marked products. The company also offers clinical laboratory services in a CAP accredited, CLIA facility. The company's services and products are offered to customers in research, diagnostic, and government institutions. This transaction will uniquely position ASB as a leader in product development, production, and services to assist customers with their research and diagnostic needs.
About Aviva Systems Biology
Aviva Systems Biology Corporation is a leader in antibody manufacturing. The company aims to enable life science research discoveries by developing novel antibodies. To date, the company has manufactured over 50,000 antibodies against more than 20,000 human gene targets. They help customers optimize proteomic assays, accelerate life science research, improve reproducibility, and discover novel protein targets. ASB's head office is in San Diego, CA. They also have offices in Beijing and Tianjin China. For more information, please visit www.avivasysbio.com.
About GenWay Biotech
Since 1998, GenWay Biotech Incorporated has provided the research community with proteomic solutions and applications by offering a comprehensive catalog of products and services. To date, GenWay scientists have produced thousands of proteins and antibodies at their San Diego facility. The company strives to provide customized solutions to each project. GenWay's head office is in San Diego, CA as well. For more information, please visit www.genwaybio.com.
CONTACT: Matt Landry, 858-552-6979, firstname.lastname@example.org
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/aviva-systems-biology-acquires-genway-biotech-300412060.html
|SOURCE Aviva Systems Biology Corporation|
Copyright©2017 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related biology technology :
1. Masy Systems Now NVLAP Accredited To Perform RH Calibrations
2. Masy Systems Increases Validation Personnel in Pennsylvania and New Jersey
3. Genomics Data Management Leader Annai Systems Offers Shortcut to Analysis
4. Point-of-Delivery Drug. Reconstitution Systems Markets, Strategies and Prospects
5. New Opportunity: The Biomedical Innovations of Tomorrow - Research Report on PhotoMedex, Axiall Corp, Varian Medical Systems, Volcano Corporation and Navidea Biopharmaceuticals
6. Ingenuity Systems and GeneInsight to Deliver an Interpretation and Reporting Workflow Solution to Clinical Laboratories
7. Pharmacy Automation Systems Market is Expected to Reach USD 7.8 Billion by 2018: Transparency Market Research
8. Ingenuity Systems IPA Provides Researchers with Genomic Insights Suggesting that Physical Activity Does Not Slow Muscle Aging
9. R&D Systems is Offering Travel Grants to Attend the 15th International Congress of Immunology
10. First Warning Systems, Inc., Appoints Veteran Medical Executive Royea as CEO
11. Suspect Detection Systems Receives Funding From Israel-Publicly Traded Biomedix Ltd.