"We are excited to have Alexey join our board during this exciting time of Avelas' corporate development," said Carmine Stengone, president and CEO of Avelas Biosciences. "Alexey has considerable experience in research and development, operations and business development, and I'm confident he will contribute meaningfully to our future success."
Dr. Vinogradov has over 15 years of experience at different positions in the biotech industry. He has served as a board member at Argos Therapeutics, as a board observer at Protagonist Therapeutics and Aquinox, and currently serves as a board observer at Allena Pharmaceuticals. Prior to joining Inbio Ventures in 2012, as co-founding partner and CBO, Dr. Vinogradov was involved in portfolio building at Bioprocess Capital Partners. He also led the fundraising and served in the executive management of Promogene, Tartis-Oncology and Everon. In addition, Dr. Vinogradov was involved in a range of business development activities at Bioprocess Group.
Dr. Vinogradov held a postdoctoral position at the Laboratory of Biomolecular Sciences, Wageningen University, Netherlands. He obtained his Ph.D. degree in Biochemistry and MS degree in Chemistry from Moscow State University.
About Avelas Biosciences
Avelas Biosciences is a San Diego-based biotechnology company focused on developing technologies that advance a new standard-of-care for cancer surgery and therapeutic intervention. The company's lead candidate, AVB-620, has completed a Phase 1b clinical trial assessing safety, pharmacokinetics and fluorescence properties using tissue image analysis. The initiation of a Phase 2 clinical trial for AVB-620 in breast cancer is expected in the first half of 2017. In addition, the company is advancing a therapeutic program, which utilizes the same technology platform. Avelas was founded by Avalon Ventures on technology from Roger Y. Tsien, Ph.D., co-winner of the 2008 Nobel Prize in chemistry. For additional information, please visit www.avelasbio.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/avelas-biosciences-appoints-alexey-vinogradov-phd-to-board-of-directors-300423042.html
|SOURCE Avelas Biosciences, Inc.|
Copyright©2017 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related biology technology :
1. Avelas Biosciences to Present at 28th Annual Roth Conference
2. Representative Scott Peters Visits Avelas Biosciences
3. Avelas Biosciences Initiates Phase 1b Trial of AVB-620 in Breast Cancer Patients
4. Avelas Biosciences Closes $6.85 Million in Series B Financing to Advance Real-Time Cancer Visualization Technology to Clinical Proof-of-Concept
5. Kindred Biosciences Announces Global Sponsorship of International Society of Equine Locomotor Pathology
6. DuPont Industrial Biosciences Leader Presents Major Advances in Biomaterials at 2017 Advanced Bioeconomy Leadership Conference
7. Luxcel Biosciences and HD Biosciences Enter Collaboration Agreement for Mitochondria Toxicity & Metabolism Assays for Preclinical Drug Safety Evaluation
8. ACEA Biosciences Hires Roger Luo as Vice President of Global Clinical Development
9. Research Reports Coverage on Biotech Stocks -- Anthera Pharma, Arrowhead Pharma, Pacific Biosciences of California, and Conatus Pharma
10. Fluxion Biosciences Appoints Genetracer Biotech of Spain As an Isoflux Liquid Biopsy Certified Service Provider
11. Vortex Biosciences Announces Commercial Launch of Fully Automated System for CTC Isolation