Report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by GBI Research's team of industry experts.
GBI Research analysis shows that the global arthritis therapeutics market was estimated at $20.6 billion in 2010, during the forecast period the market grow at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 7.2% between 2010 and 2018 to a $38 billion. The market share of rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, psoriatic arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis in the overall arthritis market was 68%, 22%, 7.4% and 2.6%, respectively, in 2010. The rheumatoid arthritis market was $14 billion in 2010. The market revenue is expected to increase to $26.9 billion by 2018 at a CAGR of 8.5%. The osteoarthritis market is expected to show slower growth among the top four indications. Top six companies in the arthritis therapeutics market accounted for a share of close to 62% in 2010, leaving 38% of the market dominated by generic therapies and smaller players. Despite a significant number of products available on the market, the high value of biologics keeps the market value high.
GBI Research analysis shows that the Research and Development (R&D) pipeline for the arthritis therapeutics market is strong. The rich arthritis pipeline is likely to support the growth of this market thereby attracting many pharmaceutical and biotechnological companies. Major pharmaceutical companies such as Pfizer, Amgen, Merck, Roche and Novartis are already active in R&D for arthritis therapies.
- Data and analysis of the arthritis market in the leading geographies of the world – the US, the UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and Japan. - Annualized market data for the osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis markets from 2004 to
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved