RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, N.C., May 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The National Venture Capital Association (NVCA) today announced the election of Arthur M. Pappas , managing partner of Pappas Ventures, to its board of directors. He will serve a four-year term. The appointment was made official at the association's annual meeting – VentureScape 2013 – in San Francisco.
Mr. Pappas has over 30 years of operating experience as a pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry executive and venture capital investor in life science companies. He founded Pappas Ventures in 1994, and works with a team that has invested in numerous life science companies that have created novel innovative products addressing unmet medical needs. Prior to forming Pappas Ventures, he held senior level leadership positions at several multinational pharmaceutical companies, for which he led operations and was responsible for the development, licensing and launch of a number of global products.
The NVCA serves as the venture capital community's trade association, representing more than 400 members by advocating for policies that encourage innovation and reward long term investment.
"It is an honor and a pleasure to join the NVCA Board of Directors, especially during such a critical time for the venture capital industry," said Mr. Pappas. "I look forward to working with the organization and the board in developing policies that can further foster innovation and facilitate the creation of good jobs throughout the U.S. economy."
The NVCA also appointed Josh Green , general partner of Mohr Davidow Ventures to serve as the 2013-2014 Chairman of the Board of Directors, effective immediately. Mr. Pappas joins the board along with five other newly-elected directors; Scott Kupor , Andreessen Horowitz; Sue Siegel <
SOURCE Pappas Ventures
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related biology technology :
1. SoundConnect Recently Selected by iCIMS, Inc.
2. Orexigen CEO Michael Narachi Elected to PhRMA Board of Directors
3. ExakTime’s GeoTrakker Selected for 2013 Most Innovative Product Award Program
4. Greenphires ClinCard Technology Platform selected by Bavarian Nordic for Major Vaccine Trial
5. OPX Biotechnologies Selected as Innovation Pioneer at IHS CERAWeek
6. American Physical Society elected physicist Markus Aspelmeyer as a Fellow
7. Topricin Selected for Bruce Springsteen MusiCares’ Tribute Gala
8. Topricin Pain Relief and Healing Cream Selected by Healthy Holistic Living as one of the Top 100 Green Products of 2012
9. INRS: Professor Federico Rosei elected AAAS Fellow in recognition of his meritorious efforts to advance science
10. Cantrell Selected to Lead Kansas Bioscience Authority
11. Companies Selected to Present at AdvaMed 2012 Announced