KANSAS CITY, Kan. and BOSTON, March 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Aratana Therapeutics, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company focused on licensing, developing and commercializing innovative prescription medications for cats and dogs (companion animals), today announced it has expanded its relationship with Marie-Paul Lachaud , DVM, as a consultant to the company who will lead drug evaluation and development in Europe. Dr. Lachaud is a seasoned animal health executive whose work has led to significant companion animal health product approvals in Europe. Additionally, Aratana expanded its U.S. drug development team to include Laura Simon Treml , VMD, Ph.D., as Director of Drug Development and Glenda L. Armintrout as Senior Research Associate, each of whom bring significant expertise in overseeing clinical programs in companion animals.
Ernst Heinen , DVM, Ph.D., Head of Aratana's Drug Evaluation and Development, stated, "We're delighted that Marie-Paul has expanded her role with us. Her engagement represents Aratana's first presence outside of the United States, and we could not ask for a better suited professional to lead our development efforts for the European market. We are also fortunate to add Laura and Glenda to our team, as we focus on execution of our clinical development programs for our current drug candidates. Given the strength of their backgrounds in companion animal drug development, we believe we will be well served by their expertise."
Marie-Paul Lachaud , DVM
Dr. Lachaud, whose prior experience focused on international development for animal drugs, was the European animal health director at ICON Clinical Research in <
SOURCE Aratana Therapeutics, Inc.
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related biology technology :
1. Aratana Therapeutics Completes $15 Million Series B Financing
2. Aratana Therapeutics Appoints Craig Tooman to Board of Directors
3. Aratana Therapeutics Adds Product Manufacturing Expertise with the Appointment of Two Senior Executives
4. Aratana Closes $10 Million Non-Dilutive Financing with Square 1 Bank
5. Cell Therapeutics, Inc. Reports Results of Annual Meeting of Shareholders
6. Nile Therapeutics Reports 2011 Third Quarter Financial Results
7. Nile Therapeutics Announces Top-Line Results in Clinical Trial Evaluating the Subcutaneous Infusion of Cenderitide, Meets Primary Endpoint
8. Fate Therapeutics Strengthens Its iPSC Platform
9. Amsterdam Molecular Therapeutics Provides Business Update for the Third Quarter 2011
10. MarketsandMarkets: Global Prostate Cancer Therapeutics Market worth $6,457 Million by 2020
11. MarketsandMarkets: Leukemia Therapeutics Market Worth $11.3 Billion by 2020