CRANBURY, N.J., Jan. 8 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Amicus Therapeutics (Nasdaq: FOLD) today announced the election of Sol J. Barer, Ph.D., to its Board of Directors. Dr. Barer currently serves as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Celgene Corporation. As an industry veteran, Dr. Barer brings over 20 years of management experience and a reputation as a trusted and respected leader who has helped transform Celgene into one of the world's preeminent biopharmaceutical companies.
John F. Crowley, President and CEO of Amicus Therapeutics stated, "2009 will be an important year for the Company as we leverage our chaperone technology and continue to advance our three lead drug candidates for Fabry, Gaucher and Pompe diseases. We look forward to Dr. Barer's leadership and guidance as Amicus continues along the path of development and commercialization for new, oral treatments for a range of human genetic diseases. We welcome him to our Board."
Separately, Amicus announced today that Gregory M. Weinhoff has chosen to resign from the Board of Directors effective January 7, 2009.
About Sol. J. Barer, Ph.D.
Dr. Barer has been Chief Executive Officer of Celgene Corporation since May 1, 2006, and Chairman since January 1, 2007. He was appointed President of Celgene in 1993, Chief Operating Officer and Director in 1994 and is a member of the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors. He previously served as Senior Vice President, Science and Technology, and Vice President/ General Manager, Chiral Products, from 1991 to 1994, and the Vice President, Technology, from 1987 to 1991. Dr. Barer is on the Board of Trustees of
SOURCE Amicus Therapeutics
Copyright©2009 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related biology technology :
1. Amicus Therapeutics to Present at Lazard Capital Markets Healthcare Conference
2. Amicus Therapeutics Announces Third Quarter 2008 Financial Results
3. Amicus Therapeutics Announces Third Quarter 2008 Results Release Date
4. Amicus Therapeutics to Present at the 2008 UBS Global Life Sciences Conference
5. Amicus Therapeutics Opens Research Facility in San Diego
6. Amicus Therapeutics to Present at the 2008 BioCentury NewsMakers in the Biotech Industry Conference
7. Amicus Therapeutics Announces Second Quarter 2008 Results Release Date
8. Amicus Therapeutics Announces First Quarter 2008 Financial Results
9. Amicus Therapeutics to Present at the Morgan Stanley Global Healthcare Unplugged Conference
10. Amicus Therapeutics Presents Positive Data from Phase 2 Clinical Trial of Plicera(TM) for Gaucher Disease
11. Amicus Therapeutics to Present at the BIO CEO & Investor Conference 2008