The 10th American Telugu Association (ATA) Conference & Youth Convention, an upcoming mega event, being held from July 3 to July 5, 2008 in Newark, New Jersey, is all set to receive more than 10,000 people from NRI Telugu community.
Newark, NJ (PRWEB) June 30, 2008 -- One of the key highlights of the convention is the Business Seminars, says Dr Chandra Reddy Gavva, President, American Telugu Association. According to him, a lot of effort is being put in designing the Business Seminars so that they not only attract entrepreneurs, businessmen, and professionals, but also give rich benefits of knowledge and information to the participants. Giving more details on the business seminars, Mr. Amar Reddy, ATA Chairman Business Seminars, informs that the convention symbolizes a new trend in Telugu Conferences, providing a unique opportunity for mentoring and network with entrepreneurs.
The Business Seminars are scheduled to start in Robert Tree Hotel at 1.00 pm on Saturday, July 4, 2008 with an inaugural session by Ms Neelam Deo (Consul General of India) on Indo - US Relations, giving us a bird's eye view of opportunities in present scenario. The day witnesses 3 more active sessions like Business Education, Venture Capital Management, and Social Entrepreneurship to be convened by eminent personalities like Mr. Ram Mohan Rao (Dean - Indian School of Business), Mr. Raj Lakhanpal (Princeton Ventures and President of TIE-NJ), James Gunton (General Partner - NJTC), and Mr. Vikram Akula (CEO & Founder - SKF Finance), respectively.
The second day session to be held in Robert Tree Hotel as well as Penn Hilton Hotel has some parallel sessions too. The seminars are mainly targeted for young entrepreneurs; SMB owners; investors; recent graduates looking for a job; service providers; scientists and high net worth individuals. The sessions have a lot of interesting topics with scope for interesting deliberations & discussions where participants can interact with industry experts. Following is the list of seminars under each industry category along with the respective speakers:
- Acquiring Capital for Success, M&As and Growth
Speaker: James Gunton, General Partner - NJTC
- Venture Capital: People, Process and Incentives - Thoughts for an Entrepreneur
Gopi Vaddi, Principal - Columbia Capital
- Investing in Life Sciences - Creating buzz for your business
Dr. Raj Lakhanpal, Principal - Princeton Ventures; President of TIE - NJ-PA Chapter
- Active & Passive Investments
Mark Hebner, Founder & President - Index Fund Advisors
- Institutional Investments - Opportunities in Wall Street
Girish Reddy, Founder - Prisma Partners; Former Partner - Goldman Sachs
- Estate Planning - Investing in India / US Stock Markets
Ram Kolluri, Founder & President - Global Investment Management
- India and AP Media Directions, Competition, Opportunities, New Projects - Do's and Don'ts
Subba Row Chennuri, Editor - Telugu Times
- Film Industry: How it all works - Financing/Producing/Distribution; Tips for new comers - Movie Making in US and India
Bala Rajasekharuni, Film Director
- Experiences as a first generation movie actor from a second generation Indian American
Deep Katdare, Movie Actor/ Producer in USA
- Technology Business Opportunities - What big technology companies are looking for? Technology JOBS Direction? East or West?
Raju Reddy, Founder & CEO - Sierra Atlantic
- Technology Direction - Where are Technology companies heading for? New Research?
Krishna Kurapati, Founder & CTO - SIPERA Systems
- Technology and Education - Growth Prospects
Subu R. Kota, Founder & CEO - Boston Group
- Opportunities for technology companies in Financial Markets? Where financial companies are spending these days?
Indy Reddy, CTO / Managing Director - Citi Group
- Hyderabad - Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow.
Sudheer Reddy, Ex-Chairman - HUDA (Hyderabad Urban Development Authority)
- Real Estate Opportunities - US, India and the Middle East
Chowdary Yalamanchi, CEO & Founder - CNC Investments
- Growth and Direction of Greater Hyderabad
CVSK Sarma, Commissioner - Greater Hyderabad (India)
- AP Real Estate: Growth and Direction in Hyderabad, Vishakapatnam, Tirupathi, Vijayawada, Rajahmundry, and Warangal
Dr. Jawahar Reddy, IAS, Vice Chairman - HUDA, Andhra Pradesh, India
PHARMA & LIFE SCIENCES:
- Pro-Yurveda - Business Opportunities in Alternate Medicine
Dr. M. S. Reddy, Founder & CEO - ADFAC/ IMAC
- Pharmaceutical Development in the 21st Century - Challenges and Opportunities
Dr. Mansoor A. Khan, Director - Product Quality Research, FDA
- Biotech Revolution in India: Challenges, Opportunities, and Growth Factors
Dr. Varaprasad Reddy, Founder - Shantha Bio Tech
- Macro Trends for Life Science Investing in India
Durga Bobba, Vice President, Head of Alliance Marketing - MERCK
The second day will conclude with a networking event in the evening for all the business seminar attendees to interact with speakers and develop networking. Key sponsors of the Business Seminar sessions include CNC Investments, Bayonne Hospital, G&C Investments, Smart IMS, Capital One, among others.
Mr. Amar Reddy, ATA Chairman, Business Seminars, requests early registration for Business Seminars and expects large presence from entrepreneurs and professionals. Limited seats are available and all ATA attendees are requested to register in advance. Free for all ATA conference attendees. Please visit our official website at the earliest to secure a seat.
About American Telugu Association
American Telugu Association (ATA) was registered in Illinois in September 1990 as a not-for-profit organization. The main purpose of the organization is to assist and promote literary, cultural, educational, religious, social, economic, health and community activities of the people of Telugu origin as well as to promote exchange programs for students, scientists, and professionals of Telugu origin between the United States of America, Canada and India and other countries. Through ATA foundation committee, ATA provides financial assistance to various developmental activities/projects in India. ATA raises and distributes funds for various charitable activities and provides financial aid to the victims of natural and other emergencies. America Bharathi, a literary and communication mouthpiece of ATA reaches over 6,000 thousand Telugu families every other month and is emerging as one of the premier Telugu literary publication outside of Andhra Pradesh, India.
American Telugu Association (ATA)
Web Site http://www.ataworld.org/
Copyright©2008 Vocus, Inc.
All rights reserved