Soliris(R) Sales Reflect Strong 2007 Launch; Positioned for Expanded Growth in
U.S. and International Markets
Fourth Quarter and 2007 Financial Highlights:
* Soliris(R) (eculizumab) net product sales were $33.9 million in Q4 2007,
compared to net product sales of $21.8 million in Q3 2007.
* Q4 GAAP net loss was $12.3 million, or $0.33 per share, compared to a
GAAP net loss of $20.1 million, or $0.55 per share, in Q3 2007.
* Q4 non-GAAP net loss was $8.5 million, or $0.23 per share, compared to a
non-GAAP net loss of $14.0 million, or $0.38 per share, in Q3 2007.
* Total 2007 revenues were $72.0 million, including Soliris net product
sales of $66.4 million, representing the first nine months of Soliris
* 2007 GAAP net loss was $92.3 million, or $2.54 per share, compared to a
net loss of $131.5 million, or $4.15 per share, in 2006.
* 2007 non-GAAP net loss was $72.1 million, or $1.99 per share, compared
to a net loss of $110.9 million, or $3.50 per share, in 2006.
CHESHIRE, Conn., Feb. 14 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: ALXN) today announced financial results for the quarter and year ended December 31, 2007.
Fourth Quarter 2007 Financial Results:
For the three months ended December 31, 2007, Alexion Pharmaceuticals,
Inc. ("Alexion" or, the "Company") reported revenues of $33.9 million
compared to revenues of $0.2 million for the same period in 2006. The
revenues of $33.9 million for the fourth quarter of 2007 consisted entirely
of Soliris(R) net product sales, compared to Soliris net product sales of
$21.8 million in the third qu
|SOURCE Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc.|
Copyright©2008 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved