Alexandria is the dominant life science owner and operator in the San Francisco Bay Area cluster with approximately 2.9 million rentable square feet (including development and redevelopment assets) in the Mission Bay, South San Francisco, and Peninsula submarkets. In Alexandria's South San Francisco submarket, from the first quarter of 2008 through the third quarter of 2012, Alexandria captured approximately 844,000 rentable square feet of new leases –approximately 724,000 rentable square feet more than the next highest laboratory landlord. Alexandria currently serves approximately 25 client tenants in the South San Francisco submarket including Roche, Onyx Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Theravance, Inc., Crescendo Bioscience, Inc., Exelixis, Inc., Global Blood Therapeutics, Inc., and Stem CentRx, Inc.
About Alexandria Real Estate Equities, Inc.
Alexandria Real Estate Equities, Inc. (NYSE: ARE), a self-administered and self-managed real estate investment trust (REIT), is the largest and leading investment-grade REIT focused principally on owning, operating, redeveloping, developing, and acquiring high-quality, sustainable real estate for the broad and diverse life science industry. Founded in 1994, Alexandria was the first REIT to identify and pursue a primary focus on the laboratory niche and has since had the first-mover advantage in every core life science cluster location including Greater Boston, the San Francisco Bay Area'/>"/>
SOURCE Alexandria Real Estate Equities, Inc.
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related biology technology :
1. Verenium Corporation And Alexandria Real Estate Equities, Inc. Celebrate The Grand Opening Of A New State-of-the-art Biotechnology Facility
2. Genomatica, Inc., Award-Winning Industrial Biotechnology Pioneer, Selects Alexandria Real Estate Equities, Inc. for Long-Term, Mission-Critical R&D Facility and Corporate Headquarters
3. Regulus Receives Allowance from Japan and U.S. Patent Offices for HCV Intellectual Property, Expanding Leading Worldwide Patent Estate
4. Keryx Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. Announces Upcoming Poster Presentations of Zerenex™ (Ferric Citrate) at the Upcoming American Society of Nephrology Kidney Week 2011 Annual Meeting
5. VaxyGen Assay Services, LLC Announces Launch of Custom Bioassay Services and Operations
6. Sequenom Announces Participation at the Lazard Capital Markets 8th Annual Healthcare Conference
7. ACORN Research, LLC Announces Partnership with AdeptBio, LLC
8. GeoVax Labs, Inc. Announces Nine Month 2011 Financial Results
9. WuXi PharmaTech Announces Third-Quarter 2011 Results
10. Chimerix Announces Late-Breaking Poster Presentation at Kidney Week 2011 Annual Meeting
11. Spherix Announces Third Quarter Financial Results