MONTREAL, April 24 /PRNewswire/ - Aegera Therapeutics Inc. is very pleased to announce the appointment of two experienced biotechnology and financial executives to its Board of Directors: Mr. Jeremy Curnock Cook, Executive Chairman and Founder of BioScience Managers Limited, and Mr. Gary Littlejohn, Managing Director of Desjardins Securities.
"Gary and Jeremy's extensive industry experience and networks will be critical for Aegera as we make key strategic decisions in support of the attainment of our corporate vision of becoming a profitable, public biotechnology company," commented Mr. James Rae, Chairman of the Board, Aegera Therapeutics Inc.
"I am extremely enthusiastic about joining Aegera's Board at such a critical and exciting time for the company," stated Mr. Curnock Cook. "Their recent clinical and business milestone achievements are very impressive by any measure and I look forward to working with management and the Board to assist the company in accelerating their efforts to achieve their very aggressive business plan."
"Aegera is one of Canada's premier biotechnology companies." added Mr. Littlejohn. "I look forward to working with the accomplished executive team to capitalize on their successes and to continue to build shareholder value both as a private and potentially as a public company."
Mr. Curnock Cook and Mr. Littlejohn join Aegera's existing Board
consisting of the following members:
- Mr. James M. Rae, Chairman, President, Remedis Consulting
- Dr. Michael J. Berendt, President & CEO, Aegera Therapeutics
- Dr. Ines Holzbaur, Vice-President, GeneChem Management
- Mr. Serge Langford, Managing Partner, Multiple Capital
- Dr. Luc Marengere, Managing General Partner, Vengrowth Capital
- Mr. Joseph Regan, B.Sc., MBA, Vice President, GrowthWorks Capital
- Mr. Lennie Ryer, B. Comm, CA, CFE, CFO and VP Finance, ConjuChem
The detailed biographies
|SOURCE AEGERA THERAPEUTICS INC.|
Copyright©2008 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved