Moreover, data measured by the Adult ADHD Quality of Live (AAQoL) instrument and the Work Productivity and Activity Impairment (WPAI) scale demonstrated that treatment with ABT-089 appears to significantly improve quality of life and work effectiveness. Using the WPAI scale, subjects reported improvements in work productivity (17 percent) and work effectiveness (14.2 percent), as well as a reduction in absenteeism (6.7 percent).
The most common adverse events observed were headache, insomnia and
upper respiratory infection.
Abbott presentations during APA Annual Meeting
New Research Poster Sessions 6, May 7, noon - 2pm ET
* Efficacy and Safety of ABT-089 in Adults with ADHD
* Patient Reported Overall Clinical Improvement Associated with ABT-089 in
* Clinical Validity of Adult ADHD Quality of Life (AAQoL) Scale Evaluated
in an Adult ADHD Clinical Trial
* Quality of Life and Work Productivity Improvements Associated with
ABT-089 in Adults with ADHD
* Effects of ABT-089 on Heart Rate and Blood Pressure in Adults
Abbott Neuroscience Portfolio
Building on the company's strong scientific foundation in neuroscience
and pain, Abbott has significant research and development efforts underway
to investigate new therapeutic approaches to cognitive disorders, such as
ADHD, Alzheimer's disease and schizophrenia. Abbott also is investigating
new therapies for nociceptive pain conditions such as osteoarthritis and
cancer pain, as well as neuropathic pain conditions such as diabetic
neuropathy. Abbott scientists have been among the leaders in advancing the
Copyright©2008 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved