PHOENIX, May 19 /PRNewswire/ -- The Arizona State University College of Nursing & Health Innovation has been selected by the Food and Drug Administration, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER), as the educational site for the Center's Academic Collaboration Program (CACP). This partnership will prepare professionals for careers in regulatory science and health safety and is the first academic partnership that the FDA has formed with a college of nursing and health in the nation.
The academic partnership has enabled the launch of the Master's Degree in Regulatory Science and Health Safety (RSHS), starting in fall semester 2010.
The U.S. and global bioscience research and medical products industries increasingly require individuals with graduate level degrees who can conduct business in accordance with regulatory requirements. As the result of the explosion of new products every year and increased scrutiny of health products throughout their lifecycle, line staff and managers who can interpret the regulations, verify that they were followed, evaluate research data, and assure the safety and effectiveness of new products are needed to protect the public health.
The largest employment need is for clinical research managers, auditors, inspectors and regulatory oversight personnel. This degree program provides the credentials to serve as an entry-or mid-level associate in a broad range of regulatory affairs positions.
"We are excited about this innovative partnership with the FDA and are looking forward to educating the next generation of professionals with the necessary knowledge and skills to ensure that new drugs and health products meet the highest quality and safety standards," Dean Bernadette Meln
SOURCE Arizona State University College of Nursing & Health Innovation
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related biology technology :
1. New Safe Lifting Patient Safety Resource for Nursing School Educators and Students
2. Call for Entries - 2008 CURE Extraordinary Healer Award for Oncology Nursing
3. Center for Molecular Medicine Only Regional Provider of Test Suggested in FDA Alert on Prescribing Codeine to Nursing Mothers
4. The MedZilla Report for May 2010 - U.S. Unemployment Rate Edges Higher, But Healthcare Still Adds Jobs
5. The iBridge Network Adds Torontos University Health Network as First Canadian Partner
6. SRI International Receives $100,000 Grand Challenges Explorations Grant for Innovative Global Health Research
7. Xybion Completes Acquisition of Stelex and Vital-Path, Leaders in Business Process Software and Consulting Services for Regulated Industries, from GE Healthcare
8. Dyadic International to Present at Rodman & Renshaw 6th Annual Global Healthcare Conference
9. Health Robotics i.v.STATION Certified as the Only Robot to Comply with Security Guidelines for Controlled Substances
10. Talecris Biotherapeutics to Present at the Bank of America Merrill Lynch Health Care Conference
11. The European HEALTHGRAIN consortium developed a definition for whole grain