- Prepared to file a Phase I IND application and begin human clinical
trials for the CD44 Cancer Stem Cell program in 2008.
Trop-2 Signal Transduction Program
- Announced positive findings demonstrating a significant anti-tumor
effect of the lead anti-Trop-2 antibody in animal models of human
pancreatic cancer, inhibiting tumor growth by up to 100 percent.
- Discovered that ARIUS' Trop-2 antibody inhibits a key growth
regulatory pathway in cancer cells.
- Trop-2 therapeutic antibody program was selected for presentation and
press conference at the AACR-NCI-EORTC 2007 International Conference
on Molecular Targets and Cancer Therapeutics. The abstract was one of
only 12 selected from more than 900 abstracts for presentation.
- Engaged the manufacturer Laureate Pharma Inc. for the cGMP
manufacture of humanized AR47A6.4.2 for Phase 1 clinical supply. Cell
line producing the humanized anti-Trop-2 antibody was successfully
transferred to Laureate.
- Preparing to complete the dose ranging toxicology studies in the
first quarter of 2008, followed by a pre-IND meeting with the FDA in
the third quarter of 2008, and the filing of a Phase I IND
application in late 2008.
CD59 Complement Inhibitor Program
- Announced positive findings demonstrating highly potent tumor
regression in animal models of breast cancer at doses as low as
- Selected to discuss results of the CD59 therapeutic antibody program
at the AACR-NCI-EORTC 2007 International Conference on Molecular
Targets and Cancer Therapeutics press conference.
- Cell line producing humanized CD59 antibody was generated
successfully; humanized mAb retains binding characteristics and
potent in vivo activity.<
|SOURCE ARIUS Research Inc.|
Copyright©2008 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved