All amounts are in U.S. dollars
QUEBEC CITY, Nov. 13 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ - AEterna Zentaris Inc.
(NASDAQ: AEZS, TSX: AEZ), a global biopharmaceutical company focused on
endocrinology and oncology, today reported financial and operating results
for the third quarter ended September 30, 2008.
Third Quarter 2008 Highlights
- Appointment on September 1, 2008, of Juergen Engel, Ph.D. as President
and CEO of AEterna Zentaris, replacing Juergen Ernst who had been
acting as Interim President and CEO since April 2008. Mr. Ernst, the
former Chairman of the Company, was appointed Executive Chairman
effective September 1, 2008;
- Completion of patient recruitment for the second efficacy trial of the
Phase 3 program in benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) with lead
- Start of second stage of recruitment for the Phase 2 trial in ovarian
cancer with AEZS-108. The trial is part of a Phase 2 program in
gynaecological cancers which will include up to 82 women;
- Signing of a license and cooperation agreement for the
commercialization of cetrorelix in BPH, with Handok Pharmaceuticals
Co., Ltd. (Handok) for the Korean market. Subsequent to quarter end,
signing of another agreement with Handok for the commercialization of
ozarelix in BPH for the Korean market; and
- Recovery of worldwide rights from Ardana plc (LSE: ARA) for the Growth
Hormone Secretagogue (GHS) compound, AEZS-130. Future development
options are currently being evaluated for the use of this compound in
growth hormone deficiencies.
Subsequent to Quarter-End
On November 11, 2008, AEterna Ze
|SOURCE AETERNA ZENTARIS INC.|
Copyright©2008 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved