All amounts are in U.S. dollars
QUEBEC CITY, May 7 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ - AEterna Zentaris Inc.
(NASDAQ: AEZS, TSX: AEZ), a global biopharmaceutical company focused on
endocrinology and oncology, today reported financial and operating results
for the first quarter ended March 31, 2008.
First Quarter 2008 Highlights
- Cetrorelix: first patients treated in second efficacy trial of the
Phase 3 program in benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH);
- AEZS-108: first patients treated in Phase 2 trial in ovarian and
- Miltefosine (Impavido(R)): rights sold to Paladin Labs Inc. (TSX:PLB)
for approximately $8.9 million.
Subsequent to First Quarter End
- Cetrorelix: recruitment of 600 patients completed for first efficacy
trial of the Phase 3 program in BPH;
- Juergen Ernst, AEterna Zentaris Chairman, appointed Interim President
and CEO, replacing David J. Mazzo. Departure of Ellen McDonald, Senior
Vice President, Business Operations and Chief Business Officer;
- Board member Jose P. Dorais appointed to the Corporate Governance,
Nominating and Human Resources Committee, replacing Mr. Juergen Ernst,
the Company's Chairman of the Board and Interim President and CEO, who
had previously stepped down from the committee in connection with his
appointment as Interim President and CEO.
Juergen Ernst, Chairman, Interim President and CEO at AEterna Zentaris
commented, "During the quarter, we continued to move forward with our Phase
3 program in BPH with our lead compound cetrorelix, as we completed patient
recruitment for our first efficacy trial in North America and started
|SOURCE AETERNA ZENTARIS INC.|
Copyright©2008 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved