programs. The Company will minimize internal spend on partnered
programs while continuing to respect its contractual obligations to
support its partners for the development of ozarelix, perifosine,
AEZS-127 and AEZS-130. AEterna Zentaris will employ a "piggy back"
registration strategy to bring these products to market in the
territories where is retains rights as commercial opportunity size
- The Company prioritized the advancement of preclinical and very
early-stage development programs based on risk-adjusted maximum market
- The Company established a clear global partnering strategy moving
- All commercially viable projects will be ideally developed internally
through proof-of-concept in man
- Asia (especially Japan) remains a market of interest for AEZS
- The Company also identified non-core assets and will actively seek to
monetize/divest these assets as a potential source of non-dilutive
- The Company provided updated guidance for the 2007 total expected burn
in a range of $25-$27 million. Additionally, in an effort to ensure
financial flexibility, the Company recently filed a shelf prospectus.
"It has been our guiding principle to communicate the complete picture of AEterna Zentaris as it is and as it is planned to be with updated timelines, priorities, key issues and expectations. After a rigorous review of the projects, risks, plans and commercial opportunities, we are more bullish than ever about the unrealized intrinsic value of AEZS and our ability to unlock it to the benefit of patients and shareholders," concluded Dr. Mazzo.
Conference call and Webcast
|SOURCE AETERNA ZENTARIS INC.|
Copyright©2007 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved