SHENYANG, China, April 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- 3SBio Inc. (NASDAQ: SSRX) ("3SBio" or the "Company"), a leading China-based biotechnology company focused on researching, developing, manufacturing and marketing biopharmaceutical products, today announced that, at the duly convened extraordinary general meeting of shareholders ("EGM") held at 10:00am Beijing time on April 25, 2013, Dr. Jing Lou , as the chairman of EGM, declared that EGM be adjourned to a later date as soon as practicable in order to allow additional time for the Company to provide updated information to the shareholders regarding the Agreement and Plan of Merger, dated as of February 8, 2013, by and among Decade Sunshine Limited, Decade Sunshine Merger Sub and the Company, as amended by Amendment No. 1 to the Agreement and Plan of Merger, dated as of April 24, 2013 (the "Amended Merger Agreement"). Apart from the adjournment of the EGM, no other business was conducted at EGM. The Company expects to file with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the "SEC") and send to shareholders promptly a supplement to the definitive proxy statement dated March 25, 2013 relating to the Amended Merger Agreement. The Company will give notice to shareholders of the date on which the adjourned EGM will be reconvened as soon as a date is selected.
About 3SBio Inc.
3SBio is a leading, fully integrated, profitable biotechnology company focused on researching, developing, manufacturing and marketing biopharmaceutical products primarily in China. Its focus is on addressing large markets with significant unmet medical needs in nephrology, oncology, supportive cancer care, inflammation and infectious diseases. With headquarters and GMP-certified manufacturing facilities in Sheny
SOURCE 3SBio Inc.
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related biology technology :
1. 3SBio Inc. to Present at the UBS Greater China Conference 2012
2. 3SBio Inc. Files Annual Report on Form 20-F for Fiscal Year 2011
3. 3SBio Inc. Announces Unaudited First Quarter 2012 Results
4. 3SBio Inc. Enters Into Merger Agreement For "Going Private" Transaction
5. Leading Technology Incubator Honors Extraordinary Entrepreneurs
6. BBVA Foundation Unites the Efforts of Massachusetts General Hospital and Barcelonas Vall dHebron Hospital in Biomarker Research for Personalized Cancer Therapies
7. Webcor Builders Selected as the General Contractor for First Phase of LA BioMeds New Campus Master Plan
8. China Cord Blood Corporation Announces Results of 2011 Annual General Meeting
9. Campbell Alliance Launches Market Research and Analytics Group, Appoints Michael Turner as General Manager of Encuity Research
10. NanoLogix Announces Development of Multi-Well, Rapid Diagnostic Test Variant and Exhibits at the American Society for Microbiology General Meeting in San Francisco
11. BioStorage Technologies Continues Global Growth; Announces Strategic Expansion Into Asia Pacific and New General Manager APAC