Washington, DC (PRWEB) September 17, 2013
The 2013 SharpBrains Virtual Summit (September 19-20th) will feature over 30 of the world’s top scientists and innovators working on ways to enhance behavioral and brain health via neuroscience-based innovation. All sessions will be chaired by some of the world’s most inspiring and accomplished trailblazers, recognized as Young Global Leaders (YGLs) by the World Economic Forum.
“It is exciting to imagine the possibilities at the intersection of brain health, digital health, and neuroplasticity, but getting there requires addressing the immediate questions confronting us today,” says Alvaro Fernandez, CEO of SharpBrains and Summit’s producer. “We are proud to offer this unique forum to help the field move forward.”
A few examples of the rich discussions to take place at the SharpBrains Summit:
Peter Chiarelli, CEO of One Mind for Research and US Army General (Ret), on how brain data exchange portals can transform brain health research and practice
- Patrick Aebischer, President of the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology-Lausanne (EPFL), on the billion-euro Human Brain Project
- Alvaro Fernandez, CEO of SharpBrains, on the digital brain health marketplace
- Hyong Un, Head of Employee Assistance Programs at Aetna, on new brain-based corporate wellness initiatives
- Alexandra Morehouse, VP Brand Management at Kaiser Permanente, on the future of personal brain health
- Tan Le, CEO of Emotiv Lifesciences, on their successful Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign for a new EEG-headset
- Daniel Sternberg, Data Scientist at Lumosity, on the Human Cognition Project
- Misha Pavel, Program Director at the National Science Foundation, on their Smart and Connected Health portfolio
- Bruce Wexler, NIH Director’s Award Winner, on how to integrate brain training with physical therapy
- Dan Fox, Senior VP Corporate Development at Discovery Communications, on why Discovery invested in Lumosity
Summit Sponsors and Partners include: The Alzheimer’s Research and Prevention Foundation (ARPF), The Arrowsmith Program, Digital Artefacts, Interactive Metronome, Aging2.0, The Berenson-Allen Center for Noninvasive Brain Stimulation (CNBS), The Brain Science Podcast, The Center for Brain Health at the University of Texas at Dallas, innovationlab, MaRS Discovery District, UCSF Gazzaley Lab and the Center for Digital Aging Center at USC.
To learn more about the Summit Agenda: http://sharpbrains.com/summit-2013/agenda/
SharpBrains is an independent market research firm tracking health and well-being applications of brain science, with special emphasis on non-invasive neurotechnology and the growing needs of an aging population. The company maintains a biannual state-of-the market report series, produces an annual global and virtual professional conference, and maintains a consumer-facing guide, The SharpBrains Guide to Brain Fitness. SharpBrains.com, the company's educational blog, is one of the most popular brain & innovation blogs. To learn more about SharpBrains' work, visit http://sharpbrains.com/.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/9/prweb11127153.htm.
Related biology technology :1
Copyright©2012 Vocus, Inc.
All rights reserved
. The Digital Brain Health Market to Reach $1 Billion by end of 2012 According to New SharpBrains Report2
. Spherix to Present at the LHA Life Sciences & Medical Technologies Virtual Conference on February 163
. Virtual nanoscopy: Like Google Earth for cell biologists4
. R&D/Leverages New Opti-Sim Virtual Prototyping Tool Saves Time and Money for PET Packaging Industry -- and Reduces Waste5
. Zinman & Company Introduces Year-End Tax Review for Clients Using Virtual Controllership Services6
. PharmaDirections Celebrates 10 Years of Success for Their Virtual Biotech and Pharmaceutical Clients7
. Biotechnology Master’s at UMBC Shady Grove - Virtual Info Session to Be Held on June 268
. The BioTechniques 30th Anniversary Lecture Announced as Part of the 2013 BioTechniques Virtual Symposium9
. Registration Opens for Attendees and Exhibitors for Virtual HE-Xpo Health Economics and Outcomes Research Conference, Sponsored by HealthEconomics.Com10
. UMBC’s Cybersecurity Graduate Programs Virtual Info Session, September 25, 201311
. CCG Investor Relations Announces Company Presenters for NexGen Life Sciences Virtual Conference