11. Focus on the customer’s needs, challenges, and concerns - top B2B sales performers focus on the customer and manage the competition.
12. Broaden the definition of competition - competitors include everyone competing for the same budget dollars – not just direct competitors.
13. Differentiate by adding value - since the product or service being sold may not vary much from one company to the next, profiling the value of all of the other services and assistance extended to the customer (often called the value adds) is critical.
14. Sell to the c-suite - the probability of capturing the business is significantly reduced if B2B major account salespeople cannot successful sell at the senior level.
15. Make the business case - it’s unlikely a major account sale will be closed without making a strong business case to prove the business returns for investing in the solution.
To dive deeper into how these 15 sales tips are deployed by successful, B2B major account salespeople you can download the white paper – Getting Sales Strategy Right in Major Accounts - in a pdf file.
About Sales Momentum- For more than 30 years Dr. Richard Ruff and Dr. Janet Spirer – the founders of Sales Momentum – have worked with the Fortune 1000 to design and develop sales training programs that make a difference. By working with companies – such as UPS, Smith & Nephew, Textron, the Center for Creative Leadership, and Robbins & Myers – they have learned that today’s standard for a great sales force significantly differs from yesterday’s picture.
Copyright©2012 Vocus, Inc.
All rights reserved