(PRWEB) October 30, 2013
In B2B sales, major accounts have a disproportionate impact on the revenue. So, getting major account sales strategy in B2B sales right matters.
"Top sales performance is not about just doing things faster and better. Successful major account salespeople sell differently – starting with crafting sales strategy," says Dr. Janet Spirer, co-founder of Sales Momentum.
15 B2B sales strategy tips are:
1. Get the right information from the right people at the right time during the sales cycle.
2. Move from “filling out forms” to analyzing information gathered.
3. Focus on a few pivotal goals - then delineate what needs to be done and how to do it.
4. Recognize that the future doesn’t look like the past - changes driven by global marketplaces make the past a bad predictor of the future – from buyer requirements to competitive advantages.
5. Network - know who is playing which role, the relationship between the players, and what they think about you and your competition.
6. Leverage institutional resources – B2B major account selling is a team sport.
7. Develop and rehearse internal champions – so they can tell the seller’s story since most of the time the major account salesperson isn’t on site.
8. Document good news since it doesn’t document itself - make sure everyone in the buying process knows the good news story. Unfortunately bad news will document itself!
9. Deal with passive competition - when the buying process stalls by crafting strategies to overcome the no-decision momentum.
Copyright©2012 Vocus, Inc.
All rights reserved