Scottsdale, AZ (PRWEB) September 26, 2013
Team selling is more prevalent in B2B sales and more important than ever before. Maximizing the effectiveness of any teams is hard and sales teams are no different. Not only can sales teams consist of people with different skill sets – like sales and technical expertise – or different positions – such as sales reps and sales managers, sales teams can also be made up of people crossing generations.
The Sales Training Connection, a blog about sales effectiveness and sales training, created a list of 10 laws for successful B2B sales teams.
1. Delineate Roles Clearly. Each team member must be absolutely clear about his or her role as well as the roles of the other team members. Just like a sports team, sales teams must acknowledge and understand each team member’s unique contribution to the sales team.
2. Value All Roles. Every role contributes to sales team success and every role required for success should be represented. Sales team members who don’t have the required skills or add unique value will generate adverse reactions from the customer.
3. Have a Shared Purpose. Successful sales teams should collectively develop a plan for the sales call and have a shared vision of the purpose of the sales call. Without a shared purpose team members often will pursue their own agendas, either by intent or through confusion.
4. Recognize the Importance of a Call Manager. Without a Call Manager teams lose their way during the sales call. The probability that the sales call is successful often lies in the leadership of the person who assumes the Call Manager role.
5. Understand the Contribution of Attitudes. Skill alone doesn’t guarantee team success. Attitude is an important ingredient. Positive attitudes can lead to a sales team performing at its peak; bad a
Copyright©2012 Vocus, Inc.
All rights reserved