higi collects and secures data today on behalf of over 36 million unique users at its nearly 11,000 retail stations and through integrations with 80 connected health devices, wearables, and apps. Through its secure, HIPAA compliant data collection, engagement and workflow integration tools, customers leverage its ambient health and lifestyle data, with explicit user consent and opt-in, to drive more targeted engagement through an unprecedented set of physical and digital touchpoints.
The investment by the BlueCross BlueShield Venture Fund validates the critical importance of a complete consumer data profile to drive successful engagement in strategically important areas like population health, quality and prevention. "higi is the only network we have seen that has demonstrated an ability to integrate into the normal workflow of the consumer, whether at the retailer, the pharmacy or on their mobile phone," said Anna Haghgooie of Sandbox Industries, which provides investment management services to the BlueCross BlueShield Venture Fund.
As part of the investment higi has acquired EveryMove, a pioneer in consumer health engagement that delivers a cloud based engagement application which provides incentives to health plan members to reduce costs and improve outcomes. "This investment along with the integration of EveryMove further extends higi's leadership in enabling population health and our ability to help our payer, provider, retail, and brand customers to drive behavior change, cost savings, and improved health," said Jeff Bennett, higi CEO.
higi is a technology company that is transforming the way communities take care of themselves. Founded in 2012, the company owns and operates the largest FDA-cleared self-screening health station network in the United States with nearly 11,000 stations located in food, drug and mass market retailers. higi also operates a robust online community platform that is linked to the higi health station network and over 80 health devices, activity trackers and apps. To date, more than 36 million people have used a higi health station to conduct nearly 200 million biometric screenings (blood pressure, pulse, weight, body mass index). Over 4.5 million people have signed up for a higi account which offers an all-in-one biometric and activity data feed for personal health management and information sharing with friends, family and trusted healthcare providers. For general information, visit us at http://www.higi.com or how to work with higi at business.higi.com.
About BlueCross BlueShield Venture Partners:
BlueCross BlueShield Venture Partners, L.P. is a corporate venture fund licensed by the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association, an association of independent Blue Cross and Blue Shield companies. The fund invests in promising emerging companies of strategic relevance to Blue Cross and Blue Shield Plans. Sandbox Industries is the exclusive provider of investment management services to BlueCross BlueShield Venture Partners. For more information, visit www.bcbsvp.com.
EveryMove is a recognized leader in combining big data and consumer design to energize the relationship between health plans and individuals. EveryMove's proprietary technology platform, Tandem, is a Health Action Driver®, a cloud based, analytics driven automation platform designed to target and motivate the right actions among the right members to meet healthcare sponsors' near term business goals specific to care management, utilization, quality, prevention, and coding.
higi SH llc
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/higi-raises-strategic-financing-acquires-everymove-to-personalize-population-health-300430910.html
Related biology news :
1. Valencell Raises the Bar in Biometric Sensor Solutions for Hearables and Wearables
2. Fingerprint Cards Raises the Revenue Guidance for Q2 2015 and for the Full Year 2015
3. Fingerprint Cards Receives Touch Fingerprint Sensor Order of SEK 230 Million and Raises Revenue Guidance for 2015
4. Fingerprint Cards Receives Touch Fingerprint Sensor Order of SEK 230 Million and Raises Revenue Guidance for 2015
5. ACT Genomics Raises $8 Million in its First Private Funding Round
6. LaunchKey Raises $3 Million in Additional Funding Led by Metamorphic Ventures
7. Tute Genomics Raises $2.3 Million to Scale Up Cloud-Based Genome Analytics and Accelerate Personalized Medicine
8. Synthetic sperm protein raises the chance for successful in vitro fertilization
9. Eureka Therapeutics raises $21 million in series c to expand cancer immunotherapy pipeline
10. Delta ID Inc. raises $5M from Intel Capital and others to bring iris recognition to mass market
11. Flexible supercapacitor raises bar for volumetric energy density