Delft, the Netherlands, November 09, 2009 / b3c newswire /- Today, TNO, a Dutch contract research organization, and Seventh Wave, an American organization for contract research and consultancy, announce that the companies have signed a letter of intent with regard to TNOs dynamic in vitro gastrointestinal models TIM. The letter of intent proposes a collaboration in which Seventh Wave will obtain two TIM systems for commercialization in North America. The TIM systems will be used to determine the behavior of oral drug products and drug substances during passage through the gastrointestinal tract.
According to the terms stated in the letter of intent, TNO will supply its proprietary gastrointestinal models to Seventh Wave Laboratories, located in Chesterfield, Missouri. This central U.S. location, coupled with Seventh Waves customer responsiveness, will shorten study turnaround time for customers in North America. The TIM system has been validated for use in preclinical drug development. Both parties expect the TIM systems to be installed and ready for use by customers in the first quarter of 2010. In addition to the collaboration on the current models, the partners envisage joint projects to further validate the TIM system for new applications.
Niek Snoeij, CEO of TNO Quality of life, explains the benefits of the proposed collaboration as follows: The partnership with Seventh Wave allows us to capitalize on the strengths of the TIM system and offer extra capacity, flexibility, and faster turn-around times.
John Sagartz, President and CEO of Seventh Wave, adds: TIM compliments our current preclinical and clinical services. With the TIM system available on site, we have another valuable tool to solve our customers specific needs in formulation development and pharmacokinetics.
TNO gastroIntestinal Model (TIM)
Related biology news :
1. AACR to host Seventh Annual International Conference on Frontiers in Cancer Prevention Research
2. Titanium Group Signs Letter of Intent to Acquire Multimilion Dollar Medical Software Company and Its Existing Sales Network
3. Titanium Group Signs Letter of Intent to Acquire Multimilion Dollar Medical Software Company and Its Existing Sales Network
4. FEBS Letters Structured Digital Abstracts experiment
5. BIO-key(R) Issues Open Letter to Shareholders
6. Explorations Group Announces Letter of Intent to Acquire Specialty Lighting Company
7. Explorations Group Announces Letter of Intent to Acquire Specialty Lighting Company
8. Selected personal letters of Max Perutz are released in new book
9. NEWSLETTER: Antibody Fragment Production Breakthrough with 2nd Generation EBA
10. Taser Notices Intent to Serve Subpoena for Information on Old NIJ Tests in Taser v. Stinger
11. Wii bit of fun at Rice University has serious intent