HOUSTON, March 23 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NYSE: TXN) is launching the TMS320C5515 Fingerprint Development Kit, a complete signal chain solution at only $79 USD for easy integration of fingerprint biometric features in reduced time to market. This robust development kit includes a core board based on TI's C5515 digital signal processor (DSP), two widely-used sensor types (swipe and optical), as well as optimized application software to ease product creation and implementation. For customers new to fingerprint application development, the kit can dramatically reduce the product design cycle by 9 to 12 months.
The C5515 Fingerprint Development Kit provides fast and accurate fingerprint matching by leveraging the strength of the DSP to perform critical functions in the fingerprint algorithm such as filtering, sorting and transforming. As the industry's lowest power 16-bit fixed point DSP, the C5515 provides optimal processing performance at an active power level as low as 0.15 mW/MHz, thereby extending battery life for portable end equipments. This development kit can be used to create a variety of portable applications, including physical access control products (electronic door locks and safe boxes), USB smart keys and storage device, PC user identification, and time and attendance monitoring systems. For more information, visit www.ti.com/c5515fdk-prprod.
TMS320C5515 Fingerprint Development Kit features and benefits:
The kit contains:
- A core board with TI's new low power C5515 DSP to conserve power at an exceptional level for portable end equipments
- An extension board including power supply circuitry, LED and sound indicators, as well as push buttons for simple operation. The board also includes an USB 2.0 and a RS232 port to communicate with PCs
- Two widely-used fingerprint sensor types, for seamless integration into final products:
- One AuthenTec swipe sensor, ATW310
- One optical sensor
- AuthenTec's ATW310 is a small form factor fingerprint sensor offering the power and memory efficiency needed for fast fingerprint recognition in today's mobile and access control devices
- A production quality demo and its .out file enables users to experience final product performance. The demo is based on a fingerprint-matching algorithm running on the C5515 optimized to recognize prints in less than one second with a false acceptance rate (FAR) of less than .0015 percent and a false rejection rate (FRR) of less than one percent to ensure system reliability
- Simplified application source code educates novice users about how to develop a product with fingerprint features
- Hardware design collateral including schematics and Gerber files, in addition to technical documents such as the user guide and application notes
- The very small form factor solution (the core board is only 30mm by 30mm, the extension board is 70mm by 30mm) meets portable application requirements and the two board architecture provides great design flexibility, allowing customers to reuse their designs to develop scalable product lines
TMS320C5515 DSP key features and benefits:
- The TMS320C55x architecture achieves code execution efficiency and reduces power consumption through three main areas: increased parallelism from the dual multiply-accumulate (MAC) units, the higher data bandwidth to on-chip memory through the multiple simultaneous accesses, and the advance DSP addressing features.
- With extensive power management features such as memory retention, real-time clock (RTC) only mode and clock gating to maximize battery life for portable devices
- Highly-integrated peripherals – including a high-speed USB 2.0, three on-chip low-dropout regulators (LDO), UART, SPI and GPIOs – as well as up to 320KB of on-chip memory saves system costs and power enabling new emerging applications.
Pricing and availability:
The TMDXBDKFP5515 Fingerprint Development Kit is a complete signal chain solution available for only $79 USD from TI and TI authorized dealers. Order entry is open now.
With an extensive portfolio of low power DSPs, starting from the lowest power DSPs from the C5000 portfolio to the ultra-low power microcontrollers, the lowest power floating point DSPs and power management solutions in analog, TI continues to lead the market with innovative energy-efficient technology across its entire portfolio.
Find out more about TI's extensive C550x DSP portfolio by visiting the links below:
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments (NYSE: TXN) helps customers solve problems and develop new electronics that make the world smarter, healthier, safer, greener and more fun. A global semiconductor company, TI innovates through design, sales and manufacturing operations in more than 30 countries. For more information, go to www.ti.com.
SOURCE Texas Instruments Incorporated
Back to top
Related biology news :1
|SOURCE Texas Instruments Incorporated|
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
. International team shows mercury concentrations in fish respond quickly to increased deposition2
. New study shows fish respond quickly to changes in mercury deposition3
. New study shows fish respond quickly to changes in mercury deposition4
. International team shows mercury concentrations in fish respond quickly to increased deposition5
. Twinkle after-effect can help retinal patients detect vision loss quickly and cheaply6
. Simple reason helps males evolve more quickly7
. UF botanists: Flowering plants evolved very quickly into 5 groups8
. Scripps scientists develop new tests that identify lethal prion strains quickly and accurately9
. Portable device quickly detects early Alzheimers10
. TGen spin-off MedTrust Online enables cancer doctors to quickly obtain best-available information11
. Seals quickly respond to gain and loss of habitat under climate change