Founded in 2010, PMD Healthcare is a Medical Device, Digital Health, and Chronic Care Management Service Company with a mission dedicated to creating innovative solutions that empower people to improve their healthcare and quality of life. With that intent focus, PMD developed the first ever personal spirometer, Spiro PD, which was approved by the FDA in 2011. Since then, Spiro PD has been widely adopted by leading healthcare institutions and has become the standard of care for remote monitoring of lung function for patients who have undergone lung transplant surgery and for patients with cystic fibrosis.
PMD is now launching several new products, including its second-generation spirometer, Spiro PD 2.0, and its HIPPA compliant Wellness Management System (WMS). The introduction of the Spiro PD 2.0 device and HIPPA compliant Wellness Management System (WMS) introduces the use of telemonitoring technology via WIFI to connect patients, providers and caregivers anytime and anywhere. Together, PMD's comprehensive remote monitoring program and technology driven WMS platform will monitor biometrics, symptoms, medication adherence and care plan compliance outside of the provider's office. While monitoring biometrics, adherence and compliance are critical, the WMS platform enhances monitoring through the implementation of validated symptom tools, personalized care plans and customizable alerts that enable care team members to intervene in real time via a secure HIPPA compliant portal.
"The Spiro PD 2.0 and innovative Wellness Management System (WMS) brings healthcare into the home by monitoring lung function, medication adherence, and tracking patient symptoms in real-time," said PMD Key Account Manager Rebecca Russell.
"This new product release demonstrates PMD's long-standing commitment to engaging patients in their care, improving quality and reducing costs," said Steve Sullivan, PMD's EVP and Chief Commercial Officer. Sullivan went on to say, "At PMD we work hand in hand with our customers to understand their needs and develop flexible programs that help them achieve their goals and improve the lives of the patients they care for."
To learn more about PMD Healthcare, please visit www.MyPMD.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/pmd-launches-new-device-and-digital-health-platform-300426361.html
Related biology news :
1. Earth Week: American U. launches William K. Reilly Fund for Environmental Governance & Leadership
2. University of Maryland Medical Center launches genetic-testing program for cardiac patients
3. Frontiers launches new open-access journal in Bioengineering and Biotechnology
4. Frontiers launches new open-access journal in physics
5. Elsevier launches new open access journal: Translational Proteomics
6. Elsevier launches open access journal: GeoResJ
7. Springer launches French- and Italian-language eBook collections
8. IriTech launches iris-recognition-based solutions for workforce and identity management
9. Running Website Run Research Junkie Launches to Analyze the Science Behind Running
10. Fluke Biomedical launches portable, feature-rich ProSim 3 and 2 Vital Signs Simulators
11. Clue, a Berlin Startup Founded By a Woman, Launches An Intelligent Tracking App That Decodes a Womans Fertility Cycle