LOS ANGELES, April 26 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Northrop Grumman Corporation (NYSE: NOC), announced that it will locate its new corporate office in Virginia, concluding a search that also included the state of Maryland and the District of Columbia.
"We are pleased to have identified Virginia as the home for our new corporate office. Virginia, Maryland and the District put forward compelling, competitive offers. Our final decision was driven largely by facility considerations, proximity to our customers, and overall economics," said Wes Bush, chief executive officer and president. "We are very appreciative for the tremendous assistance we received from Governor O'Malley and the State of Maryland, Mayor Fenty and the District of Columbia, and Governor McDonnell and the Commonwealth of Virginia as well many local counties and municipalities."
Northrop Grumman is currently conducting negotiations with several building owners in the Falls Church/Arlington area, with a specific building selection to be announced soon. The company expects to initiate operations in the new corporate office in summer of 2011 with approximately 300 people. Northrop Grumman currently employs approximately 40,000 people in Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.'/>"/>
SOURCE Northrop Grumman Corporation
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related biology news :
1. Cogent Systems and Northrop Grumman Reach Agreement to Settle Automated Fingerprint Identification Technology Suit and Create Strategic Alliance
2. Cogent Systems and Northrop Grumman Reach Agreement to Settle Automated Fingerprint Identification Technology Suit and Create Strategic Alliance
3. Radiant Systems Selects BIO-key(R) Biometric Software for POS Solution
4. Radiant Systems Selects BIO-key(R) Biometric Software for POS Solution
5. NIH selects LIAI for major study on allergy molecular causes and possible treatments
6. Software Techniques Inc. Selects M2SYS Fingerprint Software to Meet Continuous Growth and Demand for Desktop Biometric Time & Attendance Solutions
7. LOGICARE Selects M2SYS Biometric Fingerprint Software to Ensure Patient Privacy and Protect Confidential Information
8. NIH selects Case Western Reserve University to participate in National Childrens Study
9. Biophysical Society selects 2009 Distinguished Service, Emily M. Gray and Society Fellow recipients
10. InvoTech Selects M2SYS Technology for Leading-Edge Fingerprint Software Solution
11. FCSO Selects Burgess as Exclusive Pricing Solution for New Medicare Contract