"India's Government recently called for domestic handset manufactures to develop $30 smartphones," says Most, a leading biometric market expert. "Integrating biometrics into smartphones at this price point would not only transform the Indian market of one billion, but would pave the way for mass replacement of traditional handsets across Asia, Africa, and the rest of the developing economies creating a globally available, universal biometric authentication platform."
"Though Android is the principal operating system powering 97% of all biometric smartphone models, Apple remains the dominant player capturing 45%-unit market share of the nearly one billion biometric smartphones in use today with just a handful of iPhone models," Most said. "However, with 500 biometric smartphone models available from 87 vendors in 22 countries offered at rapidly plunging price points, global accessibility with reshape the market landscape."
Acuity's "Biometric Smartphone Update" offers detailed information on every biometrics smartphone on the market including brand, model, biometric mode, sensor, OS, price, availability, and links to detailed specifications and reviews. Preview at www.acuity-mi.com/BSP.php.
"The Global Biometrics and Mobility Report" provides unit and revenue forecasts for biometric smartphones, tablets, and wearables, and biometric apps and payment. Preview at vwww.acuity-mi.com/GBMR_Report.php.
About Acuity Market Intelligence Acuity Market Intelligence (www.acuity-mi.com) is an emerging technology strategy and research consultancy with a proven record of accurately anticipating biometric and digital identity market trends.
Contact: Acuity Market Intelligence +1 303 449 1897
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-biometric-adoption-soars-as-biometric-smartphone-prices-plunge-120-models-for-150-or-less-300394596.html
|SOURCE Acuity Market Intelligence|
Copyright©2017 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related biology news :
1. New plant protein discoveries could ease global food and fuel demands
2. Researchers calculate the global highways of invasive marine species
3. Climate change will cause widespread global-scale loss of common plants and animals
4. Global Biometrics and Border Control Award for DERMALOG
5. Global Biometric Systems Market Forecast & Opportunities, 2018
6. Improving crop per drop could boost global food security and water sustainability
7. Science academies issue G-Science statements to call world leaders attention to global challenges
8. Chiltern Announces The Promotion Of Alecia Barbee To VP, Global Biometrics
9. SPIE on global team proposing International Year of Light at United Nations
10. Global cooling as significant as global warming
11. E3 Forum -- Education, Employment & Entrepreneurship on a Global context