"As the Trump administration doubles down on immigration restrictions and promises of 'extreme vetting,' the reality is that biometrics are used to scrutinize millions of international travelers across the globe every day," says Maxine Most, Principal at Acuity Market Intelligence. "Digital Identification technology, including biometrics, allow immigration and border agencies to reliably vet visitors, immigrants, and refugees and automate border identification and control providing secure facilitation at ports of entry for international travelers worldwide."
"APC Kiosk deployments grew rapidly in 2014 and 2015 increasing from 200 to 1247 units," says Most, a biometric identity and security technology expert. "Growth tapered off in 2016, reaching only 1436 units. However, Acuity expects growth to accelerate again in 2017 and 2018 as APC Kiosks migrate to Europe, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East."
"Currently, 2143 ABC eGates operate in 63 countries," Most says. "Asia is home to 38.5% of all eGates deployed at land, sea and airports worldwide while 34% are deployed in Europe. Acuity expects ABC eGate numbers to continue to grow as existing airport deployments expand, new airport deployments come on-line, and land and seaports increasingly deploy eGates."
Acuity Market Intelligence's "ABC eGate Deployment List" (http://www.acuity-mi.com/eGatedep.php) and "APC Kiosk Deployment List" (http://www.acuity-mi.com/APCdep.php) provide details for all known deployments including location, program, owners, units, vendors, costs, and vendor market share analysis.
"The Global Automated Border Control Industry Report: Airport eGates and Kiosks" (http://www.acuity-mi.com/ABCair_Report.php) provides global market analysis and detailed revenue and unit forecast.
About Acuity Market Intelligence Acuity Market Intelligence (http://www.acuity-mi.com) is an emerging technology strategy and research consultancy with a proven record of accurately anticipating biometric and digital identity market trends.
Contact: Acuity Market Intelligence +1 303 449 1897
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/biometrics-borders-and-extreme-vetting-in-the-age-of-trump-more-than-3500-automated-border-control-egates-and-kiosks-now-deployed-representing-37-cagr-in-three-years-300402896.html
|SOURCE Acuity Market Intelligence|
Copyright©2017 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related biology news :
1. Border Security Market Report 2015-2025 - Growth in Biometrics, ICT, Manned and Unmanned Vehicles, and Perimeter Surveillance
2. Global Access Control (Cards & Readers, Biometrics, Controllers, Management Software) Market 2015-2020 - Analysis of the $10 Billion Market
3. Binary Biometrics, Founded by James Timothy White, Expands Services to 13+ Locations With the Addition of Owner/Operator Kevin Morris
4. Bruin Biometrics, LLC franchit une étape majeure en obtenant la certification ISO 13485
5. Bruin Biometrics, LLC erreicht wichtigen Meilenstein mit Zertifizierung nach ISO 13485
6. Bruin Biometrics, LLC bereikt significante mijlpaal door behalen van ISO 13485-certificering
7. Bruin Biometrics, LLC Achieves Significant Milestone with Receipt of ISO 13485 Certification
8. Bruin Biometrics, LLC Awarded CE Mark for the SEM Scanner, an Innovative Diagnostic Tool to Detect Pressure Induced Tissue Damage
9. Closing the gap: Extreme desert gecko spotted on salt-flats in central Oman
10. APOB, a gene involved in lipid transport, linked to cases of familial extreme longevity
11. Fire danger extreme in British Columbia, Canada