• Aviation— de-icing and aerodynamic/fuel-saving metal protection coatings.
• Building and Architectural Materials—self-cleaning glass and cement, and anti-glare aluminum and plastic building products.
• Electronics—superhydrophobic waterproofing and oleophobicity for hearing aids, mobile communication devices, and nanotextured LCD panels for retail displays.
• Energy—long shelf-life batteries, fuel cell components, HVAC heat exchanger coils, oil and gas flow equipment lubricants, oil/water separation and remediation, rigid and flexible solar panels, and wind and steam turbines.
• Optics—anti-reflective mobile device displays, mobile device security, flat panel glass displays and nanophotonic (non-pigmented) cosmetics.
• Textiles— waterproof building awnings and high-performance sports apparel.
• Other—self-cleaning toilets.
With these impending commercial developments and their enormous business potential, BCC provides the first timely market report focusing on nanoengineered surfaces—where they are currently and where they might be in the next decade.
STUDY GOAL AND OBJECTIVES
The primary objective of this report is threefold:
• Assess the current state of the art in NES technology.
• Identify the current market players seeking to exploit NES.
• Evaluate actual or potential markets in terms of specific application sectors, subsectors and projected 10-year market revenues.
SCOPE OF REPORT
The scope of this report is the global market for all products based on nanoengineered surfaces.
In addition to the Introduction and Summary, this report is divided into the following chapters:
CHAPTER THREE—TECHNOLOGY OVERVIEW defines the topic, outlin
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved