"Biometrics and digital identity are often perceived as threats to privacy and security," says Maxine Most, Principal of Acuity Market intelligence. "However, taken together these technologies have the potential to enhance privacy, increase personal data control, and shift power relative to the monetization of consumer data."
According to Most, "2017 will be a tipping point as cloud-based biometrics, secure mobile credentials, and fintech innovation coalesce into consumer centric solutions offering previously unobtainable levels of accessibility, security, and individual control over PII (Personally Identifiable Information)."
Acuity's Ten Top Trends for Biometrics and Digital Identity:
- Behavioral biometrics on smartphones, and the associated privacy issues and PII concerns, become mainstream.
- Iris biometrics "breakout" as smartphone availability drives consumer acceptance up and price points down.
- Security impact and liability implications of PII via IoT (Internet of Things) begins to influence Enterprise Executives.
- Cloud biometrics are recognized as critical Infrastructure for global digital payments and commerce platforms.
- Links between digital identity, smartphones, and mobile and stationary smart devices begin to be monetized.
- New monetization models for digital identity emerge, shifting power from commercial enterprises to consumers.
- Secure mobile smartphone credentials drive infrastructure development with migration from tests and pilots to deployments.
- Many fintech innovators are swallowed by BFSIs thwarting their impact on industry transformation.
- A handful of fintech standouts, committed to disruption, emerge as potential threats to the status quo.
- Biometrics and digital identity begin to be understood as forces for social justice, equity, privacy, and accessibility.
Acuity provides extensive biometrics and digital identity market research including "The Global Biometrics and Mobility Report", "Biometric Smartphone Update", "The Global Automated Border Control Industry Report", "The Global National eID Industry Report", Automated Border Control eGate and Passport Kiosk deployment lists, and ePassport and National ID unit and revenue forecasts.
About Acuity Market Intelligence Acuity Market Intelligence (www.acuity-mi.com) is an emerging technology strategy and research consultancy with a proven record of accurately anticipating biometric and digital identity market trends.
Contact: Acuity Market Intelligence, +1 303 449 1897
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/acuity-market-intelligence-releases-ten-top-trends-for-biometrics-and-digital-identity-for-2017-300397648.html
|SOURCE ACUITY MARKET INTELLIGENCE|
Copyright©2017 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related biology news :
1. Apple Pay, Touch ID, and the iPhone 6 -- Biometrics Boost Consumer Privacy for Mobile Commerce, Says Acuity Market Intelligence
2. NMR Markets: Global Analysis and Opportunity Evaluation 2016 - 2020
3. Research and Markets - Global Voice Recognition Biometrics Market Growth of 19.36%, 2017-2021 With AGNITIO, Nuance Communications, VoiceTrust & VoiceVault Dominating
4. Biometric Sensor Market to Reach $1.5 Billion by 2022, Globally, Allied Market Research
5. Biometric Technology Market is Estimated to Generate $10.72 Billion, Globally by 2022 - Allied Market Research
6. $854 Million Biometric Vehicle Access System Market - Authentication Type, Future Technology, Vehicle Type & Region - Global Forecast to 2021 - Research and Markets
7. Wearable Medical Devices Market by Application, End Use, Type, Distribution Channel - Forecast to 2021
8. Global Military Biometrics Market Growth at 7.5%, 2016-2020 - Technologies Being Used for Local, State & Federal Investigations - Research and Markets
9. Mobile Biometrics Market by Component, Authentication Mode and Multifactor, Industry, and Geography - Global Forecast to 2022
10. Mobile Biometric Security and Service Market Projected to Reach USD 46 Billion by 2022
11. Emotion Detection and Recognition Market Worth 36.07 Billion USD by 2021