Peter Mark Memorial Award— Dr. Daniel Gunlycke, Naval Research Laboratory, "For significant contributions to the understanding of the electronic properties of low-dimensional graphene nanostructures." This award is presented to a young scientist or engineer (35 years of age or under) for outstanding theoretical or experimental work, at least some of which must have been published in an AVS journal. The award consists of a cash award, a plaque, and an honorary lectureship at a regular session of the International Symposium.
George T. Hanyo Award— Mr. Steven R. Blankenship, NIST, "For outstanding contributions to the scanning tunneling microscopy user facilities and other laboratories at the Center for Nanoscale Science and Technology at the National Institute of Standards and Technology." This award is presented to recognize outstanding performance in technical support of research or development in areas of interest to AVS. It recognizes valuable contributions made by persons outside normal professional circles. The award consists of a cash award and a plaque.
A complete list of the Fellows as well as the 2013 graduate student winners is attached. Nominations for the 2014 awards are currently being solicited. For more information, please contact Angela Klink, AVS, 212-248-0200, fax 212-248-0245, e-mail email@example.com.
2013 AVS Fellows
AVS Fellows are members who have made outstanding contributions in areas of interest to AVS.
Morgan R. Ale
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related biology news :
1. Modern Mobility Aids, Inc. Announces a Revised Agreement for the Acquisition of Lumigene
2. ChromaDex® Announces Financial Results for the Year Ended 2011
3. Improved Authentication and Confidentiality Protection. ICAP Patent Brokerage Announces for Auction Important Patents in Data Encryption and Document Security
4. FirstMark Announces New Hire Jay Houtman as Southeast Regional Sales Manager
5. Global Information Inc. Announces Discounted Conference Registration For Bio-IT World Asia and Biodetection Technologies 2012
6. Virginia Tech announces 2012 football helmet ratings; 2 more added to the 5-star mark
7. Medbox, Inc. Announces Top-Tier Rating by Dun & Bradstreet Credibility Corporation
8. BioLife Solutions Announces 7th Consecutive Quarter of Record Revenue
9. Mass. Eye and Ear announces Curing Kids Fund grant recipients
10. Bay Area PV Consortium announces $7.5 million in grants to lower the cost of large-scale solar
11. BioMed Central announces winners of 6th Annual Research Awards