"The quality of the imaging is spectacular," said Debiao Li, PhD, Director of the Cedars-Sinai Biomedical Imaging Research Institute and Professor of Biomedical Sciences at Cedars Sinai where the study is being conducted."This technology will give us unique capabilities."
4Dx's software technology provides accurate and sensitive data with a unique 4-dimensional perspective to clinical practitioners, and has been extensively validated in pre-clinical studies. The technology has the potential to provide more information, and faster validation of treatment with reduced exposure, while also allowing for earlier detection of disease.
The announcement of these results by 4Dx, demonstrates compelling evidence of the leap from the laboratory to the clinic, opening the door for huge market potential as 4Dx continues to engage with leading U.S hospitals.
4Dx technology enables clinicians to capture images that effectively visualise and quantify motion of airflow at high resolution within the breathing lungs. Within the $1.4 trillion respiratory healthcare sector, there are 162 million respiratory diagnostics procedures performed each year, for a clearly identified $30 billion per annum addressable market.
The public announcement of preliminary clinical data at this prestigious event is a huge milestone for the company, with 4Dx expecting increased interest from key clinical groups as well as investors.
Founder and CEO Andreas Fouras says "We are extremely thrilled to have been given the opportunity to present data that shows the potential of our technology to change the lives of millions through earlier and better informed intervention".
Mobile (+61) 407 162 530
4Dx is a software company aiming to deliver the global gold standard in respiratory diagnostics for all lung disorders, including, asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), cystic fibrosis and cancer.
The unique 4Dx technology accurately and quickly scans lung function as the patient breathes, to provide sensitive, early diagnosis, and to monitor changes over time. Our Software-as-a-Service scans deliver more complete information, revealing subtle variations in lung function down to the finest detail, all while using lower levels of radiation than traditional methods.
Respiratory diagnosis is a $30 billion p.a. global industry that 4Dx aims to disrupt and grow through technology that provides clinicians with greater insights into diseases of the lung.
4Dx will bring about a step change in lung health diagnostics by providing better information to doctors and patients.
Better information means better decisions, and better outcomes.
Level 1, 121 Flinders Lane
Melbourne VIC 3000
p: 03 9620 3333
This message and its attachments may contain legally privileged or confidential information. It is intended solely for the named addressee. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of the message to the addressee), you may not copy or deliver this message or its attachments to anyone. Rather, you should permanently delete this message and its attachments and kindly notify the sender by reply e-mail. No warranty is made that the e-mail or attachment(s) are free from computer virus or other defect.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/4dx-announces-preliminary-clinical-trial-data-at-prestigious-world-lung-imaging-event-300420847.html
Related biology news :
1. Aware, Inc. Announces Resignation of co-Chief Executive Officer & Chief Financial Officer
2. Acuant Announces Best-In-Class Data Capture and Multi-Factor Verification Solutions Addressing Rising Identity Fraud in the Digital Economy
3. Securus Announces the Appointment of a Director of Recidivism and Reentry
4. MedNet Solutions Announces Latest Release Of Its Award-Winning eClinical Solution
5. IDTechEx Research Announces New Report on Sensors for Robotics
6. Crossmatch Announces Foreign Assistance/Disaster Relief Solution to Combat Fraud, Waste and Abuse
7. Trovagene Announces Broadening Network of Commercial Distributors
8. SomaLogic announces that it has joined the iCarbonX Digital Life Alliance
9. Cloudtag Announces Onitor Track, a Weight Loss Program and Wearable for the Age of Data, at the 2017 Consumer Electronics Show
10. AIC Announces Release of New White Paper on Using NVMe Storage Servers to Build High-performance, Scale-out Storage for HPC Applications
11. Synthetic Biologics Announces Pricing of Public Offering of Common Stock and Warrants